Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
1. Finish my dissertation!
2. Knit something other than scarves
3. Go on a missions trip
4. Learn to speak Spanish fluently
5. Live abroad
6. Cultivate a quiet spirit
7. Learn to play the guitar
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Sew. Or anything creative or artsy, really. I aspire to creativity, though.
2. Be articulate
3. Tolerate sloth
4. Tolerate incompetence (if it's my own, it's different, of course)
5. Understand why people don't discipline their kids
6. Resign myself to nylons (which is why I was bare-legged in 20 degree whether yesterday)
7. Curl my tongue
Seven Things That Attract Me to… The Mr.
1. His gentlemanly qualities
2. His gentleness
3. His hysterical, out-of-control guffaws when he's really tickled
4. His problem-solving-spirit
5. His sense of style
6. His rebelious streak
7. That he doesn't want six kids!
Seven Things I Say:
1. Praise the Lord!
2. I'm not complaining, just observing
3. Darn tootin'
4. Good grief!
5. Oh, for Pete's sake!
6. It's alright, it's okay (picked up from my two-year old niece who whispered it to her cheesecake before plunging her fork in!)
7. You're "special"
Seven Books That I Love:
1. Bodie Thoene's Zion Chronicle and Zion Covenant series
2. Ursula Hegi's Sacred Time
3. Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby
4. Coetzee's Disgrace
5. Austen. All of Austen. But I really love Emma. Well, I love Knightley. "Emma, if I loved you any less..." sigh.
6. Elizabeth Stoddard's The Morgesons
7. You mean I only have one choice left? This is hard...Willa Cather's O Pioneers
Seven Movies That I’ve Loved:
1. Fletch and Fletch Lives
2. Mrs. Doubtfire
3. Hotel Rwanda
4. Love Actually
5. Sense and Sensibility
6. Life is Beautiful
7. Stranger than Fiction